Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Yoga, Pilates, Aerobics, Oh My!

It's been roughly a week, give or take a few days, and I am down 4lbs and have been hitting as many group classes as I can fit into my schedule. I love them. I love them all. For different reasons.

I love Yoga and Pilates for the strength and toning workout they give. I need both. I have atrocious upper-body strength. It's really very very sad. Most people have issues with the "plank" pose, because it requires core strength to stay straight. *I* have a problem with the plank pose because my arms are not strong enough to hold me up. Period. It's pitiful, really. I may have to hit the weights in my non-class times to try to catch up with the learning curve...

Areobics are a whole different ball game. I hit the step class, and didn't feel a darn thing until the next day, my calves were mildly sore. I suspect that it was mostly because I spent most of my time trying to learn the choreography and wasn't focusing on the workout so much. I am guessing that it will get better. That, or I need to raise my step up a hair higher than "almost flat." 

Today I hit up kickboxing. It was a blast. I loved it. I find it interesting that I don't struggle with the choreography for kickboxing as much as other classes, so now I can focus on the workout, which was intense. And I love throwing punches. It makes me feel like a badass.

On days where there is just no way I can fit a class in, I try to at least hit the mundane cardio equipment at the gym, even though I feel like a hamster on a wheel. Yesterday I was just about to hop off when Dr. Phil came on the big gym TV, and the show was titled "The Fat War." So I plugged in my earphones and got even more motivated. LOL.

Tonight I will be heading out to the barn to ride the pony and see if my week of intense workouts has helped anything at all in my riding. It shoud be very interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment